Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogs + Libraries = Neat Stuff!

This RSS feeding is a totally new concept for me, but I set up my bloglines account, and started looking for interesting things to have "fed" to me.

I added a "Word of the Day" to keep my vocabulary up-to-snuff. I didn't add any news feeds, because I am old-fashioned about liking to read the news in a newspaper with my coffee in the morning (even though we in Butte often refer to our hometown newspaper as the Montana Substandard).

Then I started looking at some library-related sites, and with a click-click here and a click-click there, the next thing I knew I was reading this interesting article about how Public Libraries could make use of weblogs. About the middle of the article (in the section called Why Weblogs in Public Libraries?) the author lists some really neat possibilities for using this kind of technology. Here is the link for anybody else who is interested:
www.ala.org/ala/pla/plapubs/epublications/weblogs.cfm

It made me say Yeah! Cool! We could do this!

1 comment:

VAPeck said...

your right very interesting site!!!