Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Bane of my Existence...

I've decided that Lifelong Learning is the bane of my existence. It is the reason my house is so cluttered, that my schedule is so full, and that I never seem to get anything done.
The problem, I'm afraid, is that there's nothing that doesn't interest me. My energies are scattered around all the things I love doing.

So the habit I think will be the hardest for me is good old #1: Begin with the end in mind. The end, of course, isn't the final day of this class or the last lesson I complete. The end, rather, is what I hope to achieve by taking this challenge. Do I want to be blogging away for the rest of my life? I don't think so! But would I like to be able to create a classy website? Know how to share family info and photos better? Keep in touch with my tech-savvy kids? Yep, I sure would!

Habit that's the easiest for me? #4: I have incredible confidence in myself as a competent learner. (It's the bane of my existence.) I never want to hire an attorney, because I know I can figure out all that legalese myself. I never want to pay money for classy clothes, because I know I could figure out how to sew them myself. Plumbing? Electrical? Furniture refinishing? If there's a book about it in the library (and there always is), I figure I can teach myself just about anything.

I would like a few more hours in the day, and maybe an extra room or two in my house, and as long as I'm wishing, how about a housekeeper and a cook thrown in?

1 comment:

VAPeck said...

Yes you can come to Italy with me-- we will quit stressing and love life!!!!!!