The bad news is that I'm two weeks behind in my lessons. The good news is that I didn't die, or even get sick... Just had way too much other stuff happening.
The bad news is that our library has had a pathetic Young Adult section ever since I started working here. The good news is that our new director has gotten approval for a Young Adult position, which will actually be a shared position among three current staff members (I'm one.) We're pretty excited about the possibilities, and can hardly wait to start brain-storming.
The bad news is that our shifts at the library rarely overlap, so having planning sessions seems difficult-to-impossible. The good news is that through some of these new tools we're learning (like del.icio.us and wikis), we can have an ongoing discussion and feed on each other's energy and ideas. So I actually did set up a del.icio.us account today, then went out web surfing for Young Adult ideas (programming, web pages, advisory councils), posting and tagging as I went.
The bad news is that I couldn't spend more time on it because it was last week's lesson and this is this week. The good news is that our next lesson is on Wikis, and one of my YA-sharing partners told me she thought Wikis would be a cool tool for us for this new job share.
The bad news is that I'm signing off now, and the good news is you don't have to read any more of this.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like your "Good News" better than the bad news. I am excited and happy that all three of the New YA librarians are willing and able to go the extra mile for the YA section. Good Luck and happy trails to all three of you.
Congradulations
I never was a good speller and the computer is not any better. I should have check before I posted the message.
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment