Well, here I am, creating a blog!
I have pretty mixed feelings about it. I watch young people (my own and others) texting and blogging and facebooking away, and I honestly don't think the world is a better place because of it.
But there's that Bob Dylan song from my youth:
"Come mothers and fathers throughout the land
And don't criticize what you can't understand.
Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command,
Your old world is rapidly aging.
So get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand,
For the times they are a-changing."
So... I hope I don't live long enough to see the total demise of printed material. But while my brain still works at all, I feel I ought to try to understand (before I criticize) this new world, and maybe even to "lend a hand."
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Quoting Bob Dylan...I unfurl my claws to you.
You might well appreciate David Pogue's variation on "Imagine."
Post a Comment